Apple released the third beta of iOS 16 on June 6, 2023. This beta includes a number of bug fixes and improvements, as well as some new features.
One of the most notable new features in iOS 16 is the ability to edit or delete sent messages in Messages. This is a long-requested feature that will be a major convenience for many users.
Another new feature in iOS 16 is the ability to lock specific apps with Face ID or Touch ID. This can be useful for apps that contain sensitive information, such as banking apps or password managers.
iOS 16 also includes a number of other improvements, such as a new Lock Screen, new Live Text features, and new ways to use Focus.
New Lock Screen
One of the biggest changes in iOS 16 is the new Lock Screen. The Lock Screen is now more customizable than ever, with a variety of new features and options.
Users can now choose from a variety of different Lock Screens, each with its own unique style and features. They can also add widgets to their Lock Screen, making it a more informative and useful tool.
Live Text and Visual Look Up
iOS 16 also includes new Live Text and Visual Look Up features. Live Text allows users to copy and paste text from images, while Visual Look Up allows users to learn more about objects in images.
These features are both powered by Apple’s new Neural Engine, and they can be used to do things like translate text, identify plants and animals, and find information about landmarks.
Focus is a feature in iOS that allows users to focus on their work or personal life by filtering out distractions. In iOS 16, Focus has been improved with a number of new features.
Users can now create custom Focuses, and they can also share Focuses with others. Additionally, Focuses now works with third-party apps, so users can be more productive and focused when they are working.
In addition to the new features mentioned above, iOS 16 also includes a number of other improvements. These include:
- A new security feature called Safety Check, which allows users to quickly and easily remove access to their accounts and data from other people.
- A new Wallet feature called Apple Pay Later, allows users to pay for purchases in four equal installments over six weeks.
- A new Messages feature called SharePlay, allows users to watch videos, listen to music, and play games together in real-time.
Recent news stories about iOS technology
In addition to the news about iOS 16, there have also been a number of other recent news stories about iOS technology. Here are a few of the most notable stories:
- Apple Unveils New Lockdown Mode for iOS: Apple has unveiled a new security feature for iOS called Lockdown Mode. Lockdown Mode is designed to protect users from government-sponsored attacks. Lockdown Mode will restrict certain features of iOS, such as the Messages app, the Safari web browser, and the file-sharing feature.
- Apple Releases New Security Updates for iOS: Apple has released new security updates for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and watchOS. These updates address a number of security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by attackers.
- Apple Warns Users of New Phishing Scam: Apple has warned users of a new phishing scam that is targeting iOS users. The scam involves a fake email that appears to be from Apple. The email asks users to click on a link and enter their Apple ID information. If users click on the link and enter their information, the scammers can steal their Apple ID and use it to make unauthorized purchases.
These are just a few of the latest news stories about iOS technology. For more information, please visit the Apple website or the Apple Support website.
iOS 16 is a major update that brings a number of new features and improvements to Apple’s mobile operating system. These features will make iOS more customizable, productive, and secure.
The third beta of iOS 16 is now available to developers and public beta testers. The public release of iOS 16 is expected in September 2023.
Our Latest Posts in Tech: