What to do after 12th: After successfully completing your 12th board examination, you may find yourself pondering over questions like “What should I do next?” and “Which courses are in high demand?” Rest assured, these questions are common among students, and you are not alone. At this crucial juncture, we understand your concerns and are here to provide you with comprehensive solutions.
In this article, we address the motivation behind crafting this guide. We have observed that the pursuit of medical and engineering courses, which are traditionally popular choices after completing the 12th grade, can be extremely challenging due to intense competition. Hence, you might be seeking alternative options or unique courses to consider. To assist you in making an informed decision, we have compiled a list of distinctive courses after the 12th that you should explore.
How to Decide What to Do After 12th: A Simple Guide
When it comes to choosing your career path after completing the 12th grade, it’s important to consider a few factors before making a decision. Here’s a student-friendly guide to help you select the perfect career option after the 12th.
- Option A: Stick with Your Current Stream and Pursue Higher Studies
If you have a strong interest in a specific stream or subject and have been performing well in it, continuing with the same stream might be the right choice for you. To make the most of the opportunities available, we recommend seeking career guidance to stay updated on the latest career trends related to your chosen field.
- Option B: Switch to a Different Stream and Pursue Higher Education
Sometimes, our personal preferences may not align with our professional choices. If you don’t wish to continue with the stream you studied in Class 11-12, you can switch to a new stream and build a successful career. However, keep in mind that some colleges prefer students with a strong background in specific subjects, so choose your course wisely.
To secure admission, you may need to appear for entrance exams related to your chosen stream and the subject of study after the 12th. Nowadays, many reputable colleges offering a wide range of courses require entrance tests.
Therefore, it’s essential to assess your potential and ask yourself, “Am I prepared enough to crack the entrance examination for this particular course?” If you feel confident, you can stick with that course. Additionally, seeking career guidance after the 12th can greatly help you stay prepared and updated with the examination schedule.
What to Do After 12th Science: Exploring Promising Career Paths
Having considered the factors to help you decide on your course, let’s now delve into both traditional and emerging courses that you can pursue after completing your 12th grade in the Science stream.
In this section, we will explore various options available to you after 12th Science, whether you have studied PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) or PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology):
What to Do After 12th PCM: Exploring Career Options
If you have pursued the PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) combination in Class 11-12th, there are numerous career paths open to you. Let’s take a look at some of the exciting options:
Exciting and Futuristic Engineering Disciplines:
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Bioengineering (can be pursued with a PCM background)
- Biomedical Engineering (can be pursued with PCM background)
- Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology (can be pursued with PCM background)
Engineering Disciplines for Job Readiness:
If you are unable to secure a seat in the aforementioned disciplines, these courses will still provide excellent career options:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
Core Engineering Disciplines with Flexibility:
These degree courses in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Metallurgical Engineering can serve as a foundation for transitioning into various fields later in your career.
Other Exciting Options:
- Industrial Design/Product Design/Vehicle Design
- Data Science/Data Analytics
- Nautical Science/Merchant Navy Training
- Commercial Pilot License
- Fashion Technology
Consider exploring these courses to find the best fit for your interests and aspirations in order to pave the way for a successful and fulfilling future after the 12th PCM.
What to Do After 12th PCB: Exploring Career Options
If you have pursued the PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) combination in Class 11-12th, there are several career paths you can consider. Here are some options to explore:
Options in Medical Science:
- MBBS (Medicine & Surgery)
- BAMS (Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)
- BHMS (Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery)
- BNYS (Naturopathy & Yogic Science)
- BDS (Dental Science)
Options in Pharmaceutical Sciences:
- B.Pharm. (4 years)
- Pharm.D. (6 years)
Options in Allied Medical Sciences:
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Radiology/Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology/Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy Technology
- B.Sc. Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Operation Theatre and Anaesthesia Technologies
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Emergency & Critical Care Technology
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Therapy
- Bachelor of Optometry
Fundamental Biological Science Options:
- Biological Science/Bioscience/Biology (B.S. or Integrated M.S. course)
- Food Science/Food Science & Technology
- Fisheries Science
These are some of the best degree courses in the field of biological sciences that can lead to rewarding careers. Explore these options to find the one that aligns with your interests and aspirations, and pave the way for a successful future after the 12th PCB.
What to Do After 12th Arts and Humanities?
If you have pursued Arts and Humanities in Class 11-12th, or even if you come from a Science or Commerce background, there are various courses you can consider. Here are some options to explore:
For those interested in the academic field:
- Bachelor in Liberal Arts
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. Psychology
- B.A. Sociology
- B.A. Political Science
- B.A. Geography
- B.A. History
What to Do After 12th Commerce?
There are abundant opportunities in the field of commerce after the 12th. Here are some career options for Commerce students, and even for those with a science background in Mathematics:
For those with a knack for technical subjects like Mathematics:
- B.B.A. / B.M.S. / B.B.M. (especially with specializations in Data Science, Data Analytics, Finance, etc.)
- B.Com. with Accounting and Finance
- B.Com. (with Information Technology, Computer Applications, Marketing, Finance, etc.)
- CA (Chartered Accountancy)
- CS (Company Secretary)
- CMA (Cost & Management Accountancy)
Steps to Determine the Perfect Course:
With so many options, it can be challenging to choose the right course. Here’s a simple process to help you filter out the perfect course:
- Understand your strengths, weaknesses, interests, and personality traits. Assess your aptitudes and read about how they influence your career choices.
- Narrow down your search to a few clusters of careers that align with your interests, aptitudes, and personality.
- Refer to a student’s guide on courses after the 12th that is suitable for your chosen careers.
- Seek the guidance of an expert who can help you make an informed choice.
Start exploring now!
Discover how an expert career guide and detailed information about various courses after the 12th can assist you in making the best decision for your future career path.
After 12th, there are several competitive exams available depending on your career goals. Some popular ones include JEE (engineering), NEET (medicine), CLAT (law), NDA (defense services), IMU CET (maritime courses), and NID (design courses).
After 12th in the medical field, you can pursue various courses such as MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BPT, B.Sc Nursing, and Bachelor of Pharmacy. To get admission, you may need to appear for entrance exams like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER, or AIPVT.
After 12th non-medical, you can explore options in engineering, technology, architecture, and science. Some popular choices include B.Tech, B.Sc, B.Arch, B.Des, and BCA. Entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, BITSAT, or NATA may be required for admission.
To become a pilot after 12th, you can pursue a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) course from a recognized flying school. This course covers subjects like aviation meteorology, navigation, air regulations, and aircraft technical knowledge.
After the 12th, you have various options based on your interests and aptitude. You can pursue undergraduate courses in engineering, technology, commerce, humanities, or science. Additionally, there are diploma and certificate courses available in different fields. Other options include civil services, defense services, entrepreneurship, sports, and creative arts.
You can use the search on Google after the 12th:
- Career options after 12th
- Courses after 12th
- Best career choices after 12th
- Job prospects after 12th
- Competitive exams after 12th
- Professional courses after 12th
- Top colleges for courses after 12th
- Career guidance after 12th
- Vocational courses after 12th
- Skills-based careers after 12th
These keywords should help you find relevant information and resources to explore your career options after completing 12th grade.